Although ATKV members are given preference when they book at our resorts, the ATKV has long had the policy of making accommodation at the resorts available to everyone. However, only ATKV members may visit the resorts as day visitors. With the arrival of South Africa’s new dispensation, the ATKV, on the basis of decisions taken at various conferences, aligned itself unequivocally with this new dispensation. The ATKV sees itself as an active role player in the building of new structures for the future, in this way striving to become an indispensable part of an inclusive South Africa.
Holidaying is one of the activities most closely connected with the recreational component of culture. The ATKV resorts focus on aspects such as family entertainment, safety, a peaceful holiday environment and holiday-goers who respect and complement one another’s needs. To ensure a pleasant holiday experience, our resorts have certain rules, which include the following:
- A limited number of day visitors
- No alcohol at the swimming pools
- No drunkenness
- Acknowledgement of the dignity of everyone who visits the resort as a paying guest
- No buses with visitors without prior arrangements
These rules apply to ensure an environment in which all visitors can relax and enjoy themselves. In this way, every visitor is afforded the opportunity to experience the surroundings and the entertainment on offer. Individuals or groups who break the rules are warned once or twice, after which drastic action is taken; this may include eviction from a resort. Any person who does not respect the dignity of other visitors and objects to their presence is refunded and asked to leave the resort.
The policy is as follows:
Day visitor policy
- ATKV members are given preference to non-members when they visit the resorts as day visitors.
- ATKV members and non-members pay a day visitor tariff.
- Day visitors are not limited to ATKV members, but pre-bookings are essential. The booking has to be made 24 hours before visiting the resort of choice – weekdays during office hours 08:00 – 17:00. To gain entry to the resort, proof of payment has to be sent before arrival.
- ATKV members and non-members who are residential guests at a resort may be visited by family members and friends as day visitors, but only if prior arrangements have been made with reception.
- The number of day visitors at resorts must be strictly controlled, because each resort can only allow a limited number of visitors.
- Due to space and limited facilities, no ordinary day visitors are allowed at Klein-Kariba during long weekends and for the period between December 15 and January 10.
- This day visitor policy does not apply to visitors at the Negester Estate at Klein-Kariba. A separate policy for Negester Estate has been formulated in cooperation with the homeowners association.
Day visitor tariff
- ATKV members: R90 per person
- Non-members: R150 per person
Day visitors are welcome to visit our resorts daily from 08:00 to 18:00. Measures have been increased to ensure that day visitors adhere to these times, unless other arrangements are made with the management of the specific resort.